Friday 17 August 2012

Work does not kill


Looking back, it would sound like child abuse that I had to contribute to the family income through trading at such a tender age.  Yes, I had to stand at places I would today consider dangerous and unfit for children. However, then we thought little about it. While some people could have felt pity for me, I never felt I was a victim, of what? Selling was fun  it infused some adrenalin rush into my blood system. I still feel this pulsating feeling whenever I am in the retail store. It is a feeling that cannot be equated to anything. Only retailers would relate to what I am saying. 

Work is only drudgery when you have not connected with your passion and you do not see meaning in your work. I knew that after school, I would remove my uniform and get on with the business. I never thought I was being forced or abused. Work does not kill but laziness does. Work is not abuse but development regardless of income. Work is fun and anyone who has not discovered the thrill in his work is a glorified slave and is not likely to make a success of his career. Work is pure love in action and to take my work away from me would be to kill me. 

No comments: