Tuesday 21 August 2012

Dale Carnegie - His Influence On My Life

I was doing my form two at Hamilton High School when I can across Dale Carnegie's book, "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living." I found this book interesting and I devoured it like a hungry man. As I came to the close of the book, I could feel that I have found a man who was doing what I wanted to do with my life. He was helping people face their challenges, tame their fears and overcome their worries. Later, I found a tattered copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People." I meticulously restored, rebound and covered the book. It inspired me to be more relational. It underlined that the art of leadership is influence. I never knew that one could find a new book by Dale Carnegie. I was wrong, Innov8 Bookshop just got some new copies and I am considering auctioning my dated copies that I have had for decades, read several times and underlined. Perhaps they will one day be worthy collections.  

No comments: